Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

i use c#. but i like science and fishes and simulations

and that pascal is consise .. its all the same...

i dont like c++ anymore... i spend to long messing with glut adn gleed and it took my life..

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter van Nifterick View Post
    Hi (hi!), my name is Wouter and I'm a programming addict.

I'm recognizing that I'm powerless over my addiction.
    I'm not ready for recovery, that's why I've decided to hang out here.

kernel2000

Red face new menber

Hi, my name is Adrian and I am a qualified Linux sysadmin, I have 20 years of experience. Before being sysadmin I was programmer, when I was 14 years old, my hobby was to program in turbo pascal, at that time on DOS operating system. I want to take up this hobby and develop small games for personal entertainment.

Thumbs up New member

Hi,
    My name is Adam, I live in Poland. I'm started programming on Commodore64G about 15 years ago. My first application in pascal been written about 12 years ago. Now I writing in Object pascal (delphi/lazarus), c# and cpp.

Best regards,
    Adamm.

Thumbs up Hello World!

First Post and I am a New Challenger!

Greetings!

Krom

For some reason I have to post here ... posting.

Makes me wonder, if so strict registration rules were made to fight off decay or caused it?

Hi Krom. Welcome.

This is mostly to avoid SPAM and such bad people.
    No signature provided yet.

Not only to avoid SPAM but also to reduce the number of false or unused member accounts.
    You se at certain point PGD forums had over 800K user accounts registered and most of them did not have a single post posted. What is worse is that most of them were also created by various SPAM-bots that managed to overcome first few security measures. So at peak times they were even up to 800 user accounts created each day.

Now you can imagine that storing information for 800K accounts does take up quite some storage space on the server and could even cause performance drop of the database that is used behind the forum software.

I know that you may think that such strict registration rules might be deterring people from joining our community. But that is definitely better than having entire forum filled with SPAM.
    And to give you a better idea of amount of SPAM that we had before. Back in the days before the registration rules were so strict it was necessary for me and other moderators to spend even up to 2 hours a day cleaning all that SPAM and deleting the SPAM related accounts.

As for "decay" I think the main cause for this is lack of new content on the site. And this is mostly caused by the fact that most of us no longer have as much time for game development as we used to have

Airvikar

my first post

Hi, Airvikar here!
    I'm from Russia.

Cool Hi pascalgamedevelopers! from Catalonia Spain

Hi pascalgamedevelopers,

I'm turrican (turri for friends

I'm here because I like to develop games with Pascal/ObjectPascal syntax and learn with all of you and like to share my knowledge.

My last project is a Library Wrapper for Tilengine and I like to share with you.

Tilengine is a free, cross-platform 2D graphics engine for creating classic/retro games with tilemaps, sprites and palettes. Its unique scanline-based rendering algorithm makes raster effects a core feature, a technique used by many games running on real 2D graphics.

chip
    s.

First Post

I am here mostly to connect a bit with other Pascal developers. I am a hobbyist and I mostly use Unity 3D with Delphi Prism (Oxygene), though I do occasionally use Free Pascal/Lazarus, or C# (though with the Oxidizer tool, most C# quickly just becomes Oxygene flavored Object Pascal with a tiny bit of work. I am mostly interested in games targeting desktop Linux and Windows (I don't even have a Mac to test with), but I do have some interest in application development too. I started off with Commodore 64 BASIC, and went on to Turbo Pascal and here I am today still with a love of this wonderful language.

I certainly am also interested to hear if anyone else uses Oxygene for .Net/Mono development or especially with Unity 3D. One thing that would improve my workflow is if I could add a plugin into Unity that would treat a pascal script like C# one, after all they are both languages that can be used with Mono, but I admit a bit of ignorance as to the actual steps unity makes to compile it's C#, Java or Boo source code, but I am fairly certain that it doesn't take care of the actual compilation. If it doesn't, then it seems like it would be fairly trivial to use Pascal without having to compile the DLLs in Visual Studio or Monodevelop and import them to Unity.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast