Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    scottd

First Post...

This is my first post. Hello everyone

Hello scottd! Welcome to PGD.
    I hope your stay here would be as pleasant as possible.

My profile still says its "moderated"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    My profile still says its "moderated"?
    Not any more. Had you read the first post in this thread entirely you would have seen this:
    4. Come back later and check back up on us. It may take a bit of time to approve your posts and set you as a Regular Member, but unless you come back, it won't do you any good. And we really do want you to be a member of the site!
    The way how system works is that after your posts here have been approved (unfortunately this could take a day or two since we moderators doesn't visit the forum every single day). And then after your initial post has been approved by one of the moderators you still have to spend a bit of time browsing through the forum (being logged in of course) so that automatic promotion system can kick in and promote you into regular user.
    I know this isn't the most friendly system especially from new members point of view but it is far better than having tons of spam all around the forum. I still remember days before we added this system when we were getting between 200 to 600 SPAM posts on a daily basis. Not to mention of daily getting between 80 to 200 new fake account whose only purpose was SPAM posting. During peaks the amount of SPAM and new fake user accounts has even been causing severe performance issue of the entire site.

Hello world !

Hello PGD community, I'm Delphi user, and i'm interesting about game development.

Hello and welcome!
    No signature provided yet.

Hello Wold

Hello this is my first post

Hello,

This is my first post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast