Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

Hello all new members and a very warm welcome to Pascal Game Development, or PGD for short.

This is a friendly community of game, library and tool developers who use Pascal-based languages to program. I think it's safe to say that this community is rather unique in both context and range of it's members. There is everyone from students to professional game developers who work on games for a living right here in the very community you have become a part of. And we are always looking to meet new Pascal developers and see some of the cool things that you are working on.

First few things to do here:

This is a great community, but it also has a lot of features and information that might not stand out as well as we had hoped. In an effort to help guide you a bit before you start exploring the site, here are a few things you might want to check out first!

1. Have a read of the FAQ; (There is a link under the Forum tab of the site menu!)

2. Make your first post here by clicking the Reply button!
      • This is important as it will allow us to know you want to be un-moderated and start posting on the site!
      • This also allows you to introduce yourself and start meeting other developers on the site - Note:- You don't have to say much, just prove you're a human being and not a spam bot and just some idea of why you wanted to sign-up (for example "Hi there, been a regular reader for a while, need some help with....")

3. Bookmark us! (You will want to come back and visit often don't you?)
    4. Come back later and check back up on us. It may take a bit of time to approve your posts and set you as a Regular Member, but unless you come back, it won't do you any good. And we really do want you to be a member of the site!

A Note on Spam:

We aim for a complete lack of visible spam in our forums! Look for some, we dare you! You can email either myself at athena@pascalgamedevelopment.com or any of the other staff at PGD and we'll do our best to find out how it got there, remove it and prevent it from showing up again.

We would like to make your use of PGD as nice and friendly as possible, however the only sure way to keep the spammers from getting to you is to be 100% sure that you are indeed human before letting you post anywhere on the site. Spam bots are getting smarter and are learning to get past even the most renowned "human verification" measures such as even Google's reCAPTCHA. As such the only way to keep them out completely is to put an actual person on it.

Fear not, we won't forget about you and we do frequent check-ups on the site to approve posts, delete the hidden spam attempts and 'un-moderate' new members. (That's you!)

So please make this thread your first place you post and tell us something about yourself...

Important Note
    Please make your posts meaningful... i.e. don't just say 'Hello', 'Hi there, new member here'. It's easy to post something this simple but this isn't meant to be easy. If you're a spammer, adding relevant context is difficult because you're not interested in the site subject, you just want an account to use for spamming. On the other hand if you're genuinely interested in making games with Pascal there will be context you can add 'I've been learning Pascal using Delphi for the last couple of month and now I'd like to try and start learning OpenGL so I can start working on this game idea I have. It's a bit sci-fi, a bit Zelda and a bit Sonic The Headgehog.'

I'm not expecting your life story, just some background that demonstrates you're at least aware of what the site is about.
    Last edited by AthenaOfDelphi; 14-06-2019 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Added note about the first posts
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Red face Hi!

This is my first post to register as human member

Blog Entries
    Sogcelak,

In case you are wondering where your post went, I've moved it to the general programming forum with the title 'String handling issue with Free Pascal'.

Hello

I have been a passive visitor for some time and can not promise to become a very active one. But I want to confirm at least that making games with Pascal IS possible. And I hope, this site will grow.

Hi Forum

Hi i want to develop an opengl application. i have some problem for solve it.
    i am waiting for get accees for send post and open thread

pgdtestuser2

PGD Test User

PGD Test User

Test User

This is a test user for various testing functions - ​AthenaOfDelphi

Cool hello

i am new in game developpement in pascal.
    I am discovering asphyre for 2D graphics since some days, and was searching informations about it ( or related topics ) in this forum.

First post; confirm my account plz.

You MUST visit the site... be active... if you don't get promoted your account will be deleted automatically after 30 days if you have not posted or 90 days if you have
    wow pretty strict policy you invented here; is it really necessary? lawl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_sharp View Post
    First post; confirm my account plz.

wow pretty strict policy you invented here; is it really necessary? lawl.
    Hi dj_sharp,

Yes, unfortunately when you've been burned by having to clear about half a million accounts from the system you do tend to get a lot stricter with the sign up process.

Welcome to PGD

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast