Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

Hi

Hi, i'm a Delphi programmer. I just programming in Delphi a lots of things for educational purposes and i'd like to ask here a few things about game programming.

Game development company Bangladesh

If you know android application development, you may develop nice game

Hope you can successfully complete your final project. You may also work with Java programming language.

smalic01

Hello for now.

New here

Hi (hi!), my name is Wouter and I'm a programming addict.

I'm recognizing that I'm powerless over my addiction.
    I'm not ready for recovery, that's why I've decided to hang out here.

renanx22

New !

Hi guys ! my name is Renan and i'm programming games in DelphiX(Hiroyuki Hori) in Delphi 7 !
    I'm here tolearnandgeta greatgame programmerin delphi.

Quote Originally Posted by renanx22 View Post
    Hi guys ! my name is Renan and i'm programming games in DelphiX(Hiroyuki Hori) in Delphi 7 !
    Hi and welcome to PGD!

Are you using the original DelphiX library or an updated unDelphiX library which is now maintained by a different guy?
    I would recommend latter as it supports more features and also fixes a few bugs that were present in original DelphiX. Also unDelphiX is regularly maintained and updated and supports all newer versions of Delphi.
    As far as I know updating from original DelphiX to unDelphiX should be straight forward process without the need to any code changes. Of course in order to use newest features you would need to make appropriate code changes.

my first post

Hello,
    I am progammer using mainly C++, C#, SQL in work and when I was in high school I used C(my first language) and Java. I never code in Pascal or Pascal's dialects. The same I never make any game (and I never try make game). In spite of that I want to make a strategy 2d games in Pascal. Why Pascal? Because programs in Pascal are usually efficient (memory usage, speed, etc) in comparative level as C/C++ and less bug prone than C/C++.

Quote Originally Posted by niketas View Post
    Why Pascal? Because programs in Pascal are usually efficient (memory usage, speed, etc) in comparative level as C/C++ and less bug prone than C/C++.
    Well I believe you are the first C++ programmer I have seen to claim that. Usually it is the opposite especially regarding the performance.
    Any way my experience taught me that the language is not so important but rather how it is used by the programmer. So if you are using right programming approaches you can make memory efficient well performed and bugles program in any programming language. Same as you can make shitty program in any language if you are using bad programming approaches.
    Having sad that you probably won't gain much in form of final memory efficiency or game performance if making your game in Pascal.
    But you could get some benefit of using Pascal and that is mainly faster compile times. I guess I don't have to tell you how fast compile times can be useful when you don't have to wait several minutes just because of small code change.
    I think that faster compile times are the main advantage of Pascal in comparison to C++. And these are achieved by compiling and storing every unit in a way that it can be simply linked to the final program. So when you make a small change to the source code only the units in which code was changed needs to be recompiled. Of course if you will have lots of small units linking all of them into final program could still be a lengthy process. You can combat that by joining multiple units into packages so that only that specific packages are recompiled. But that makes managing a project a bit harder to maintain.

Any way welcome to PGD
    I hope your stay here would be as pleasant as possible and I'm looking forward to your games. I love playing good strategy games.

NeW hErE

Hey guys,

I'm Adrian. I'm new to Pascal Programming, but looking forward to networking and setting up some contacts that can help me get started.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast