I do believe you can create anything with Pascal, not just games And that's after using several languages/frameworks at work for creating "games". Always want to get more involved with PGD, but somehow am always out of it, including my own pascal projects which I rarely get around to.

As for competitions, I really like them, but not sure I have time for any. Tried to participate twice so far and failed So can't say I have any preferences for them. I like themed ones as they make me try new things.

As for the engine, I'm developing my own, and it's nothing to brag about (or good or even far from complete) but I don't think I'll quit on it. Starting an open source community one could have success, and I could contribute too with some of the experience I've picked up writing my own. Could possibly even give out the code I have with a very permissive license (bsd) so parts of it my engine can be used, but not sure how much sense that'd make as parts of it are not quality code (I'm in the process of rewriting/adapting a lot of it). There are people here who surely could contribute too, so I do think it's a worthwhile idea.

Have written one article so far on the site, but I think I should write more.