Thread: PGD - Some thoughts about the future

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Robles View Post
    This way we put more Pascal games in this compos that are dominated by new tools like unity, construct and javascript.
    I think that the main problem is that we pascal developers have to do much more work to finish any of our entries into these competitions. That is mostly becouse there isn't any Unity like game engine for pascal.
    You see there is a big difference when creating a game with Unity worshop becouse unity has integrated resource managing, most comon algorithms etc. or when you have to go and implement all teese by yourself and thus write many thousands of lines of code.
    If I only check my code that I have written for ingame Supply and Demmand economic system I was working I see that it has over 100K lines of code and it is still not finished entirely.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I'm not discouraging anyone from participating in those compos. If I find out the theme of one of them to be interesting enough I also might go and try. But I do realize that I have much harder task at hand.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 23-04-2014 at 07:50 PM.