Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site Load Times

Blog Entries
    Don't mean to revive a dead thread but just wanted to let you guys know PGDs been gradually slowing down over the past couple of days for me when everything else has a ping of 10-15ms for me to the point I'm now getting a couple 503s loading the front page...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I have also encountered some dificulties today with opening PGD page. But I thought they might be related to some problems with ms ISP. I gues the problem might reside elswhere

mee too
    sometimes it's slower then usual
    le programmeur

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, I've just had a 503 myself. I'm going to be investigating later this week when my exam is out of the way.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries
    Hi all,

I've made some significant changes to the server configuration (as far as you can on a shared platform) to try and improve the performance of the site. I'm noticing some improvements but I'm a little concerned about the big pause that seems to exist at the start of each request.

Please can you let me know if the changes have made any difference and if so whether the site is performing better than it was.

Thanks

After some more observation and more testing I see that the only problem is that initial pause.
    I suspect that the reason for that pause is the limit of concurent connections that are alowed on server are reached so you actually have to wait for one of active connections to be freed up so server can handle your page request.
    But on the other hand shouldn't GoDaddy load our page to multiple physical servers and then take care for load balancing automatically? Becouse current behavior definitly points to load balancing problems.

EDIT: There is deffinitly some isue with load balancing and cross-server synchronization. How I know that? When I posted this unedited post I could not se it in the thread as it was never posted (I gues at that time page was feed from different physical server to me). So I had to refresh webpage a few times.
    Also I saw that yesterday laggyluk has posted same post twice and then deleted the second one. So I suspect that after he posted the first post for the he also didn't see it posted (similar as me) so he post it again and then realized that he double-posted when page showed him both posts.

EDIT2: It happened again. And I have noticed that when it happned again site was loaded just fine without any delay but the site wasn't up to date. So I would gues that one of GoDaddy's physical server is having a hard time. This prevents page from loading in proper time and probably prefents proper cross-server synchronization.

So I gues it might not be a bad idea of contacting GoDaddy about these isues as they are probably somewhere on their side.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 14-06-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    I've been checking the new posts regularly because I'm on holiday and I've not seen this post appear or laggyluk's.... will keep my eye on it and get in touch with GoDaddy.

The caching changes have made a huge difference for me though so I hope that everyone has noticed that.

Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    I've not seen this post appear or laggyluk's.... will keep my eye on it and get in touch with GoDaddy
    The reason why you can't see laggyluk's deleted post is becouse after seing it is duplicate I have physically deleted it.

Anywhay the overal site loading times has been improved a bit since initial waiting times usually stay around 3 seconds but sometimes they still exceed 10 seconds.

EDIT: But it seems that servers are still not in sync as it happned again that after posting my post I could not have see it until refreshing page.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 15-06-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ok, well I'll try and keep my eye on it.

OK today I encountered a new problem with PGD site. While site opened fine when I tried login I got next error shown:
    Your submision could not be processed becouse you have logged in since the previous page was loaded <br/>

<br/>

Please reload the window.
    PGD login error.jpg

I remember seeing similar message shown in the past. If my memory serves me correctly such message has been known to sometimes show at that time when PGD site was hacked.
    So doing thoural check on site integrity might not be a bad idea.

EDIT: Christina can we do a Skype chat today sometime after 15:00 UTC (16:00 BST)? I have encountered some other isues with PGD which I would not like to post here due to posible security reasons.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 16-06-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast