Thread: Automatic moderation

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Automatic moderation

Hi all,

In case you weren't aware, when I took over the site from WILL, I had to move it to a new hosting package. As part of this move I took the opportunity to strengthen the anti-spam defences. Unfortunately some of these appear to be moderating posts they perhaps shouldn't be.

I will be looking into this, but please if you are a regular user and you get moderated please let one of the me or one of the staff know and we'll get it sorted for you as soon as is practical. I've just approved a bunch of posts that were sitting waiting, so sorry to those of you who were inappropriately gagged by the system.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries
    Umm, a bit on topic I can say that whatever anti-spam measures you took Athena, they really really work - I haven’t seen a single unapproved/moderated/spam post of any kind in weeks now... Admittedly most of our unmoderated posts were indeed spam, but you have got me wondering where its all gone as before new users' posts would show up mixed in with all of it ...

Its not like I miss the spam or anything
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi all,

Just a bit of an update... SilverWarior has raised a couple of concerns with me about the moderation. Particularly a post by a registered user that was made on the 9th March and was moderated. Part of the automatic anti-spam is a connection to the Akismet anti-spam service via a vBulletin add-on. This for some reason took offence to the post in question and blocked it.

If you are a registered member and you post, and your post does not appear immediately, if you are not posting in a specifically moderated forum (such as the Pascal game list forum), then get in touch with a member of staff as it is most likely that it has been automatically moderated by the system. Don't re-post it, let the staff know and one of us will deal with it.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm sure you can all appreciate forums that aren't full of spam.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::