Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PGD Login Issues

PGD Login Issues

Every time I have to re-sign into PGD, when I do at the top right of the page and sign in, I get this error page:

If you look at the bottom of the page, there is also garbage %2$s, %1$s, and similar text too

cheers,
    Paul

I tried to recreate this using Internet Explorere 9 and Google Chrome Portable and I haven't expirienced any problems myself

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Paul,

I have recently been tinkering with caching on the site. It had some unexpected consequences relating to logins... it is possible this is another of them, although I'm a little concerned about the fact that it's redirecting you to http://pascalgamedevelopment.com instead of http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com which is the configured site URL.

Please can you do a few simple checks for me? Can you use nslookup with a query type of all to lookup pascalgamedevelopment.com and then PM me the results? Also, try clearing your browser cache and deleting all the cookies linked to any pascalgamedevelopment.com domain, then try logging in again.

Let me know how you get on.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    Hi Paul,

I have recently been tinkering with caching on the site. It had some unexpected consequences relating to logins... it is possible this is another of them, although I'm a little concerned about the fact that it's redirecting you to http://pascalgamedevelopment.com instead of http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com which is the configured site URL.
    To be honest, the problem has happened to me for ages now, but it not very often that it crops up as it usually keeps me signed in. I just haven't mentioned it before, but had meant to...sorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    Please can you do a few simple checks for me? Can you use nslookup with a query type of all to lookup pascalgamedevelopment.com and then PM me the results? Also, try clearing your browser cache and deleting all the cookies linked to any pascalgamedevelopment.com domain, then try logging in again.
    Let me know how you get on.
    I PMd you the lookup results, and will try clearing my Google Chrome cache, etc. and try again asap.

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 24-06-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Fixed 2nd quotation

Blog Entries
    It's really weird. It's like you're getting a page that hasn't finished going through the vBulletin page mangle (hence the %1$s etc. tags).

Whilst I don't want to play the it's not my problem card, I've been testing with Google Chrome (for user cleanups) and I've not experienced any difficulties during my testing which has included logging out and back in again. Does your ISP have any monsterous caching proxy servers?

If you can clean your cache, just in case, and possibly try and establish if your ISPs are caching a lot.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Blog Entries
    I used to get the bad redirect (missing the www) pretty much every single login up until quite recently. As for the weird tags - if you get errors or hung pages or things like that on other pages I'd do a test for packet loss or weird things on the data from the adsl with wireshark as I know that whenever it rains and the noise margins change a bit (we have our telco cable underground here in the UK) I get a couple hung pages with weird formatting and funny characters here and there for a few minutes until the modem resynchronizes with the exchange at a slightly lower data rate (as in 18700kbps can be a page of garbage and 18560kbps can be fine).

That said - PGD has been doing some weird things of late: the 503s and reaaaaly long load times are mostly gone now but every now and then (every day or two) I'll run into some database error, or a page that wont load and the like. Though I will say that it is a lot better than the last few weeks.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    As I said in a different thread, I'm going to let it settle down a little and have another round of investigation. To be brutally honest I think it's a consequence of the hosting. It's great having unlimited disk space and bandwidth, but that comes at the price of being on a massively shared infrastructure... all it takes is one client on the server to be having a hard day and everyone else suffers.

Step by step, I'll get there

@AthenaofDelphi I tried clearing my cache but still the same issue. I don't know if it is because I'm going to pascalgamedevelopment.com and not www.pascalgamedevelopment,com?

you probably should clear browser cookies
    le programmeur

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    @AthenaofDelphi I tried clearing my cache but still the same issue. I don't know if it is because I'm going to pascalgamedevelopment.com and not www.pascalgamedevelopment,com?
    It is. I get the same problem without www. No problems when using www though.
    Existence is pain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast