Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Csfml.pas

Alrighty then... looks like I will have to make necessary changes to the function signatures to NOT return c structs. So it's not a simple matter of "hooking" to existing DLLs or just recompiling the CSFML sources from the sfml site. I'm having to make some important changes to the code base to make it all work. It will be a little more time before the latest round of changes are completed... maybe another day or so. Because the DLL is being changed to work better with Pascal, I will rename it to PSFML.PAS. I finally was able to get the OGL spinning cube thingy to work. And now... the mission continues....

code_glitch... thanks bro for your help. Maybe you can help me figure out how to get the code base compiled for Linux and OSX at some point.
    Last edited by drezgames; 05-07-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sure thing and keep up the great work. Not sure about OS X since I've never properly coded for it but Linux shouldn't be a problem Just let me know when you have your headers in a state here you'd want them to go cross platform
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Phew! Finally.... I got the thing finished. I put up a new build. See link in first post. As been stated, the problem with the original CSFML c bindings was that they returned direct c struct from a lot of the routines. The problem with Delphi for example is that it can not handle struct returned as function results from languages like c. It will simply ignore them. As a result, I had to make a special version that would play nice with Delphi and other similar languages.

At the moment, the psfml dll is for win32 and psfml.pas has been tested with Delphi only. I made this for use in a project that I am working so at the moment it suites my needs. If others are interested maybe we can work together and get it tested with say FPC. I want to also get the dll built for Linux and MacOS. So I welcome the help and feedback. I think I got all of the routine fixed up, but I may have missed some. Look for any routine that has a struct param or return one. All structs should be passed/received as a pointer.

Enjoy!

Hi Jarrod,

is possile to use it on iOS or Android?

Thanks
    Sesilla

Hi,

According to this post:
    http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=13716.0

sfml can be used with android/iOS... so that part is covered. However, it will be a while until PSFML can be used there... i.e.... i need to figure out how to get it compiled for those platforms. It is on the radar, just OSX and Linux will most likely come first.

All this stuff... is waaay overly complicated. Just look at what you must do to get stuff compiled and working on different platforms. I just hate all these complexities. It's got to be easier, jeez. I almost went insane trying get the c/c++ code compiled for windows. Linux and OSX will be even more thorny spikes, haha.

I'm working on a project that, hopefully if I can get it done... will be a lot easier to use across different platforms.
    Last edited by drezgames; 06-07-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12