Thread: SMPEG Movie Playback Woes

SMPEG Movie Playback Woes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtvvw24z8kd6o0q/sdl2_pas.zip

Hi

Ok, so I got the SDL2 library down to one file now (woo hoo, with all the addons, SDL2_image/mixer/net/ttf)... and it's nice (win32 at the moment.). As a result to doing this, I was able to expose SMPEG and figure it would be nice to be able to display movies. I have been trying to get that working, but it will just crash. Not sure what is going on. It seems to be calling the callback and everything works inside, but as soon as the callback returns, it will soon crash the app. This is driving me nuts because I am so close to having movie playback.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by piradyne View Post
    Ok, so I got the SDL2 library down to one file now
    I'm crying inside... Would it be possible to get the source from which you built the library? Otherwise I'll have to undo the work you did in the headers to get into one file to get one generated for linux... I don't have a windows box to test on, and having not worked on windows for years now I doubt I'd be much good at doing anything constructive with it anymore these days since my workflow is now pretty solidly tied to a linux environment.

So yeah - if you could post up the files used to compile that monolithic dll, it would be a big help (and really help getting things done quicker). If not, this could take a bit of time while I piece together how that dll is built and it all works XD
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/brfb2ege4x...sdl2_movie.zip

Hi, oh boy..... to be honest it is a big ole nasty mess.. that is about 700mb uncompressed (just checked). I will get those sources to you but it will take me a little bit. In the mean time, I send you the headers + movie.pas that you can drop in and use with the existing DLLs for the native OS. I was actually checking to see if maybe smpeg got borked when making this dll. Found out it happens with the smpeg2.dll from the distro as well so you will see the problem I am having.

It would be wonderful if this can get built for win, osx and linux (android and ios at some point too). That is the goal.

the example crash with noise sounds
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yea, this is what I get also. That example is an almost direct translation of the playmovie.c example in the SMPEG folder.

Your sample video is in MPEG-2 format, SMPEG supports only MPEG-1 format.

@imcold

DOH! Ahhh man.... I thought sure I ticked the MPEG-1 format when I converted it. Thanks bro. I think I need some sleep. I've been working on this project for too long with little sleep.

I need to get this built for mac os. I dread the task that lie ahead... haha.

Again, thank you.