Thread: New Get Lazarus Initiative

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    I note that while you mention both Lazarus + Freepascal, there's no links at all to the project sites, something that if you're really trying to promote Lazarus, would be a good idea. You don't want to be another codetyphoon I assume!
    This also brings some concerns in me. And these concers become even stronger after reading the legal section of the webpage which in short guards site owners from just about anything.
    So I went and done some more digging about the site domain and found out that there is already a similar domain http://getlazarus.com/ hich is offering something compleetly different. Now while this is not ileagal in most countries it is uncommon. And I do remember that there were some lawsuits about IP rights violation in similar cases (big companies involved).

So in short I must say that I'm a bit skeptical about this. But that is just my opinion.

EDIT: On GetLazarus webpage authors claim that they are offering Lazarus 1.4 version but latest version available on SourceForge is still 1.2.6.
    EDIT2: Oh and latest official version of FPC is 2.6.4. while autors of GetLazarus website claim thir pachage include FPC 3.0

Would somebody care to eplain to me how something like this is posible? How can they offer newer versions of Lazarus and FPC than they are even available through their official sites?
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 04-02-2015 at 06:06 PM.