Thread: New Get Lazarus Initiative

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    If there's something fishy going on then it'll be apparent sooner or later. If it's a legitimate attempt to spread the word of Lazarus without trying to monetize upon it then I'm all for it but with 'Codetyphon' blatantly trying to take credit for other peoples work I'm a little weary of people that package up Lazarus + Freepascal. There are full binaries available for every platform on the official site, a 'get lazarus' initiative does not need to repackage, certainly such an initiate should link to the original sites if the purpose was to promote Lazarus.

The fact as I mentioned earlier that the site using wording such as "us" in reference to Lazarus is at least cause to suspect that it might be a way of tricking unwitting users as being the official site. The 'consultation' section is also suggestive of an attempt to monetize upon this potential deception. "These people made Lazarus, they must be good, I'll pay their consultation fee" etc

Just for the record I offer consultation for free and their offer of 'vetting' potential employees would be illegal to act upon in both America and the United Kingdom due to the data protection laws in both of those countries. At best they can offer a vetting service only in the country in which they are based having a legal contract with the client company and full disclosure of that relationship to the potential employee (and that persons written, signed consent) Also anybody involved in the vetting process would have to be employed by one of the two, you can't just ask some random on the web to pour over somebodies personal details given in confidence by way of an application.

EDIT : From his Reddit post :

"One of my enhancements was to add in the anchor docking layout"

That's not *your*enhancement, that's been part of Lazarus for a while, you just enable it as part of the build. Which you did, but have worded your post as to suggest you created it.

Call me crazy but when enabling an option in a program, I don't then claim to have "enhanced" the program.
    Last edited by phibermon; 04-02-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.