Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
@SilverWarior - I have attached a screenshot of the files my Avast put into the virus chest...I don't have the actual files anymore as I uninstalled it.
Based on quick look it seems that Avast put every *.exe file that was extracted with setup progarm into quarantene. This might have to do something with Avast comonly recognizing Inno setups as potentionaly dangerous files.
If you look aroud the web there are multiple reports about Avast raising false positives for Inno setups if they are not digitaly signed.
I gues Inno setup might have been used often for distributing various virus infected instalation in the past especially since it is freware.
Another reason for this might be the ability for Inno setup to use Pascal Scripts which means that makes it more difficult for AV software to make early heuristics tests. Especially if scripts are stored in text forn and compiled at runtime. I'm not sure about that.

Anywhay absed on my tests I preformed I don't think any of those files are actually infected. But I can't be 100% sure about that becouse no AV is perfect.