Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pascal eXtended Library (aka Asphyre) released!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Pascal eXtended Library (aka Asphyre) released!

Hi guys,

I'd like to let you know that Asphyre project continues and a new version, now called Pascal eXtended Library has been released.

This new release contains almost everything that most recent release of Asphyre Sphinx 3 had, but with many new features.

The most exciting features include native support for singleboard devices such as Raspberry PI, Intel Galileo, BeagleBone Black among others. This includes fast access to interfaces such as GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART, PWM and so on.

Support for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Direct3D 7, Direct3D 9 and Direct3D 11 is provided, along with new Software Renderer, which can also be used on singleboard computers as well.

This release supports all platforms available in Embarcadero Delphi XE 8 and later, and the following platforms in FreePascal / Lazarus: Windows 32 and 64-bit, Linux 32-bit, 64-bit and ARM, Mac OS X (32-bit Carbon and 64-bit Cocoa), SingleBoard devices (w/Linux) and experimental support for Android ARM and Intel.

As always, you can get the latest release from the official web site: http://www.afterwarp.net

I'm still working on updating the site and including new forums. Also, I'll be creating tutorials on how to install and configure FreePascal / Lazarus for each of the aforementioned platforms. I will be uploading source code to GitHub in next couple of days too.

As you can understand from above, there is still a lot of work to do with the web site, so please be patient.

Meanwhile, let me know what you think about this release.

P.S. If you are wondering about the name, since this thing now supports much more than Asphyre ever did, including major features for Electronics / Maker Community in addition to Game Development, a more broad name seemed appropriate.

Woww ! That is VERY cool : I'll take a look : In advance, congrat for advanced support of single board computer ! very Impressive.
    And for the support for the 2 major pascal IDE too It is not a detail !

I'll test on my Raspberry : Thank you very much for this work.

Thank you for the comments! I'm still working on the web site, have been having problems with different hosting providers (already switched a few in the past week). Next task will be adding tutorials to prepare FPC / Lazarus for each of the platforms supported by PXL, including Raspberry PI, Intel Galileo and others.

Sphinx304:
    Code:
    function OverlapRect(const Rect1, Rect2: TRect): Boolean;
    begin
       Result:= (Rect1.Left < Rect2.Right) and (Rect1.Right >  Rect2.Left) and (Rect1.Top < Rect2.Bottom) and (Rect1.Bottom > Rect2.Top);
    end;
    PXL:
    Code:
    function OverlapRect(const Rect1, Rect2: TIntRect): Boolean;
    begin
      Result := (Rect2.Left < Rect1.Right) and (Rect2.Right > Rect1.Left) and (Rect2.Top < Rect1.Bottom) and
        (Rect2.Bottom > Rect1.Top);
    end;
    dear LP, It took me two hours to debug the changes...
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 11-11-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Adding code tags

@devchenxip Please use code tags when posting source code one the forum.

To do so you might want to switch to advanced post editing by using "Go Advanced" button which also have several buttons for adding code tags. The languages for which code tags are supported by our forums are Object Pascal, HTM; and PHP.

Also don't use any other type of formatting for source code like Coloring or it breaks the code tags.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 11-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    @devchenxip Please use code tags when posting source code one the forum.

To do so you might want to switch to advanced post editing by using "Go Advanced" button which also have several buttons for adding code tags. The languages for which code tags are supported by our forums are Object Pascal, HTM; and PHP.

Also don't use any other type of formatting for source code like Coloring or it breaks the code tags.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

devchenxip, thanks for reporting this, but what is the problem?
    (yes, OverlapRect was modified to test Rect2 vs Rect1, previously it was inverted)

Also, for bugs, it is advisable to post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    devchenxip, thanks for reporting this, but what is the problem?
    (yes, OverlapRect was modified to test Rect2 vs Rect1, previously it was inverted)

Also, for bugs, it is advisable to post them here.
    I didn't expect you will modify the code.

My old code used in many places this function.

It took me a lot of time debugging, finally found unexpectedly is "OverlapRect" changed.

Have a nice weekend.

Great work! Indeed very impressive

Thanks! I'm still writing some tutorials, currently have finished only two of them. At the same time, am investigating "embedded" target in FreePascal to hopefully support some additional CPUs. At some point, will also get to porting GUI framework.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast