Thread: Pascal eXtended Library (aka Asphyre) released!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi LP,
    is there a plan to support openGL ES2 on Windows as well?
    I find this useful as modern crossplatform solution.

Why are you asking about support for OpenGL ES on Windows? Do you know that OpenGL ES is just a subset of standard OpenGL API designed for Embedded Devices so that you can use similar approach for graphical rendering on those devices as you would on desktop computers?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelwriter View Post
    Hi LP,
    is there a plan to support openGL ES2 on Windows as well?
    I find this useful as modern crossplatform solution.
    In addition to what SilverWarior said, remember that on Windows there is no native OpenGL ES support, other than what you mentioned, working either in software emulation (and PXL has software renderer of its own) or a wrapper on top of DirectX 11, which PXL supports directly. On Linux, you also need to install special packages so that OpenGL ES calls get translated to OpenGL. Nevertheless, if you really need OpenGL ES on Windows, you can just adapt existing OpenGL ES provider - it shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I personally feel that it would be better to add support for Vulkan API (https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/) which was build from the ground up to be a cross-platform graphical API. And based on initial information it can also rival with DirectX 12.
    I have already made a couple of experiments with Vulkan and this provider is planned to be added.