These forums appear uncomfortably quiet lately, so let's try to post something...

I've finally decided to release one of earlier projects of mine, which unfortunately I couldn't fit into anything else; perhaps someone would be interesting in continuing this project.

Basically, we're talking about a project, which gets compiled into DirectDraw DLL (ddraw.dll), which you can then copy to main folder of one of your legacy games such as Starcraft, X-Com: Enemy Unknown or Wing Commander, and play the game on your desktop computer without intrusive visual glitches, screen resolution change (and the associated desktop mess up), etc. Optionally, you can even enable VSync (in code, and then recompile) if the game runs too fast.

What it does is to redirect old DirectDraw calls to a mini-library using Direct3D 11 provider from PXL to render the scene.

The whole thing is written in FreePascal / Lazarus and requires Pascal eXtended Library (previously it was using Asphyre). I have put all the stuff on LDL GitHub web page page, where you can get the source code and pre-compiled DLL. Hopefully, someone may find use in any of this....