Thread: Arkanoid port (C)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ironed out a few wrinkles and now I've ported most of the GUi code to Pascal, when I feel that it's more or less 'complete' I'll share it with you all on github.

The GUI is quite simple, and the screenshot shows the main menu screen with a few menu items to choose between - From the center and out it's Play, Home/Exit, Highscore/Sound. The original game was controlled by gamepad (and keyboard as a fallback), and ran fine on a Raspberry Pi3 with a PS3 controller attached. By the looks of it SDL2 supports force feedback, so I'll try to 'extend' the Pascal version with that.

Haven't fiddled with supporting controllers yet, so for now It's keyboard controls only. The GUI buttons 'rotate' right and left and the selected option is always centered, scaled and highlighted. Looks more advanced then it really is Running a quite fresh install of Fedora so I haven't got any video-capture software to show it in action, will fix that later (when the GUI is more complete).

The game always run in '½HD' resolution (640*360) and is scaled to 720p or 1080p, I like the 'blocky' look it gets then. The C version only supports fullscreen mode on the RPi (HDMI, 720p and 1080p), and my son is currently the leaderboard champion

[edit] In case you didn't notice, the button sprites aren't colorkeyed yet It's not a bug, it's a 'feature'!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rickmeister; 30-03-2016 at 02:08 PM.