Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkanoid port (C)

Good to know.

Anyway, go Pascal instead of Object Pascal. May be that will make things more easy.
    No signature provided yet.

Been trashing away at the keyboard for about 5 months now and I'm happy to show you the end result

To be honest, that's alot more going on i the background than just simple Pong-clone (and yes, that's a sheep acting as ball). Instead of porting my C game engine (used in some unreleased titles like "Captain Asscrack" - a Gauntlet ripoff with a pirate twist and "Will's Revenge" - a 2D top-down adventure game with some Zelda influences) I've done a complete new 2D game engine, with support for 3D in the near future. My intentions are to release the source under the WTFPL-license, but it's far from ready for that. Chances are that it will just sit on my harddrive and I'll go work on version 2 of the engine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Keeping up the good work.
    No signature provided yet.

I find it fun to learn new things, and my technique to do it is perfected over 3 decades: Learn by doing things wrong a couple of times, eventually you will get it right!

Still ironing out a few quirks and wrinkles, and I only regret that I didn't make the final move to Pascal years ago. I'm actually finding it extremely fun to code again, in the same way I felt 30-some years ago when I started learning 6502 assembler on my C64. In my own humble opinion I'm a quite good C programmer, and I'm very much able to write code that both works well and looks nice, but in Pascal I achieve that with about half the effort. Actually not sure that the pascal code I write is any good, but it's nice to look at

My goal for now is a remake of Syndicate - one of my all time favourites. Still got the original floppy, but last time I tried to run it in dos-box it ran hyper-fast, probably because in 1993 a 60Mhz pentium was considered faster then lightning. Tried emulating a 33Mhz 486, but it's all jerky and crashes now and then.
    Last edited by Rickmeister; 06-02-2017 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Spells like teen spirit.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12