Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
I don't have ATI hardware except in a laptop and I'm not getting OSX running on an AMD chip any time soon so if anybody out there is running OSX with ATI hardware and would provide testing - I'd appriciate it!
I would love to try but the last time I tried installing OSX on my computer it field due the fact that I'm also using AMD based CPU and based on information I managed to find on the web OSX suposingly doesn't work on AMD based CPU's. Os if you have any information about how to set up OSX on my computer I'm willing to try.

Finally I've looked into Vulkan support and it's well within my grasp - unfortunately Nvidia have refused to support Fermi chips! so no way to test - lets hope ATI have been kinder and supported the chip in my laptop
Unless this is a newer laptop I wouldn't be so optimistic. Laptop graphics drivers are unfortunately always falling behind especially those from AMD. That is the reason why I have been using unofficial drivers for my laptop graphics card. I did recently revert back to official ones since I'm no longer gaming on laptop and thus I'm more concerned by stability than performance. And unofficial drivers weren't know for rock solid stability.

I've massively improved the portal rendering - I'm using it to cheat rendering through windows and the such on my spaceship - from inside or outside
That is a great idea. I have seen it in several games and I was amazed how good it works.
Now combine this with a multi-world physics and you can enjoy seeing havoc happening inside the ship when it is hit by a powerful weapon or collides with something.