Thread: VS Code + Pascal : Editor for the future!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I use Lazarus for compiling and debugging and managing the compiler stuff. as far as the editor goes I have my own design. a long time ago when I start out back in the days of delphi3 before the days of XML I developed the fold file format. in short it allows use to view our code more like the oop object it has intended to be. not to be confused with things like code explorer which sort of do the same thing but only move your editors view. with the explorer you see only what you intended to see and work only that. your editor area can be fill with pages of code you want to see and nothing else. you can have multiple files open at the same time. code can be moved,copied,pasted,removed painlessly from one fold to the next. the explorer has a layout manager to deal with all pages you open there is no complicated docking system to deal with. also the explorer was design from the start to have a scripted front-end and is build into the framework. the end goal is not yet another editor but a full on graphic work station for creating games,and such. it already has alot of graphic design code built into it but thats another story so I wont get into that today
    Attached Images Attached Images