Quote Originally Posted by Rickmeister View Post
Is that game perhaps Elite or Elite2?? Spent countless of hours playing both of them..
When I was looking for the game name I had that one suggested and also Master of Orion.

MoO is turn based, the one I played was Real Time and Elite has a trading and mission aspects that the one I played did not have.

It was quite simply a Sim for resource mining and resource management. The game ended with a battle with the Martians. Either you won, by having a greater quantity of combat drones, or you loosed. I could never win the bloody thing and could not say if it was open ended or not...

I don't think the game ever got any recognition. It was very simple and didn't have any mission or trading in it, so probably a bit boring for the more hardcore gamers. But it quite appealed to my like. I don't really like the battle and trading aspect of Sims/RTS. What I really like is the calm, relaxed waiting of resource gathering, level updates and going through a tech tree.

Ok, in regards to your suggestion: It makes a lot of sense and I've already had some version of it in my mind. I asked here because more experienced programmers in the Sim/RTS genres might have already put something in stone.

From the looks of it, it seems that it's not something that has really cemented.

At the moment the Objects I've dished out are still "hook" free. I'll need to devise a way to connect the "scripting" objects to the data objects.

@Ñuño: I've downloaded your code and will have a look at it. Will report on it later. MANY THANKS!!