Hey peeps,

I played an Amiga space exploration game in the mid 90' that frustrated me for not being able to finish it.

It wasn't that good and never got fandom, so I've never been able to find it on emulators. So I decided to redo-it myself.

I'm at the point where I've got about 70%-80% of the data objects done, but I'm now struggling with one thing:

How do I avoid having my code littered with IF/THEN blocks for the chain of events that I want the game to have.

The only word that comes to mind is a script, like in the movies. But there has to be some kind of other name for this kind of thing.

I'm thinking of something I can emulate with a linked list or a tree or some other nice data concept that avoids a bunch of IF/THEN or even CASE.

In this game I'll have to research some items. The basic ones will already have an entry to research, but others will depend on time played and planet scanned. On some planets, one can find literature, that once researched will give me new ships/weapons.

I'm asking here first, and not the Stack Exchange family, because I don't even know how to formulate the question, neither rationalize an effective query to search for it.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks and cheers,
Gus