Thread: Castle Game Engine 6.0 released

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    Yes, by all means. We could actually create a project (on GitHub or SourceForge or such) with Pascal bindings for Bullet, and use it in both our projects -- that would be very cool!
    Yes sounds good to me - I was thinking about a small library that takes common features of both bullet and physx and implements each in tandem - to begin with just static geometry and rigid primatives then moving onto constrained joints for rag-doll and wheeled vehicle simulations - the flat pascal headers would be for this abstraction layer. Would save on having to keep pace with bullet API changes etc or at least that's one idea.

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    Great! By all means, please do, the engine is open-source and free to use (on terms of LGPL, just like FPC/Lazarus units). By "my editor" do you mean your Jink Engine? Because that looks extremely impressive, and I would be proud if my engine would be the renderer underneath.
    Yes indeed the main strengths of my system so far lie in JinkEd (the editor) and it's ability to co-operatively edit scenes across IP networks - arbitrary properties of any kind can be attached to each node so property sets for the castle scene graph would be quite painless to implement - allowing castle to be used for rendering.

I'll have a think and study castle in more detail and get in touch with you when I can - I've been unable to entice people to join me on my project so I think it's time to accept its weaknesses and play to castles strengths.
    Last edited by phibermon; 24-02-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.