Thread: So whatever happened to the whole PGDCE thing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In my case I got side tracked and when came back it was kind of game over already. Also task that I chose (network) wasn't much fun to work on, ended up wrapping up 3rd party library with some higher level logic but then what's the point of network code that is not tightly integrated into the engine? And it was going that way (my lack of knowledge and other devs not considering multiplayer being core engine feature).

If there's going to be another try some time then I think there should be an online road map with general features to implement and detailed task lists people can pick off from. Trello/google docs. Completing small steps gives a feeling of progress and maybe more people would participate.
    Of course some big head needs to be able to think things through before such tasks list can be created. Are our heads big enough?

Btw maybe this legendary pascal engine could have some feature others don't have to draw interest? Like built in soft body physics or true voxelness (boxes<>voxels). Of course there is a good reason popular engines share more or less common feature set - probably not enough demand for other stuff
    Last edited by laggyluk; 14-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.