Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
I also agree that Ludum Dare should be used instead of our own competitions, as there's not enough people to make a competition.
I don't agree with this. Well I admit that due to low recent activity there probably won't be so many participants in PGD competition as they were in previous years but still I'm sure we can pull it of.
Now don't get me wrong I don't say that participating in Ludum Dare or any other competition is bad but the truth is that when you are participating in Ludum dare you are basically only promoting yourself.
The main goal of PGD competitions was not to just promote individual developers but to promote us all as a community. And that is one of the things that can bring new people in.

Here is another wild idea that might boost our promotion. Why don't we personally challenge Eli M. from Delphi boot camp to participate in our next PGD challenge
https://community.embarcadero.com/bl...oot-camp-day-4
I guess that for a man who developed over 300 mobile based games (many of them with Delphi and FMX) he should have no problem in participating. Also his participation could also bring some other Delphi developers to give it a try.