Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
Not to be too morbid, but what would happen to PXL if you ended up dead tomorrow? And it's a sad reflection of the times in which we live, but that's not a threat, it's an honest question...
Yes, the Bus Factor. That's the beauty of open-source: the entire source code is documented and a lot of effort was spent into making it as didactic as possible, so if anything happens, you can continue use it and someone eventually make take it over. For instance, Ultibo developers ported PXL to their platform without my intervention. In fact, I'm planning on liberating it on a more liberal license such as Apache, which would give even more freedom for the development.

Remember AGG? That's exactly what happened there, the author passed away. The project is still alive last time I checked as people forked version before it was GPLed.

Seems like you've just made my point for me... none of the existing Pascal engines would suit you. Isn't that what I've been trying to say? Isn't that a good reason to consider building one as a community?
No, no no, of course not. What is mean is quite the contrary - there are very few newcomers to Delphi/Pascal world anyway and with current availability of libraries, making yet another engine is the least thing that is needed right now, IMHO.

In essence what you're saying is that promoting Pascal, creating content etc. should be entirely on me? Why?
No, of course not, I'm not referring to you personally, but in general. I know any activities like LAN parties, conferences and so on cost money, but maybe this is something that we could actually organize together. Instead of building a framework/engine that no one needs, do something together than would be more meaningful, with higher impact.