Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DelphiDoom 2.0

DelphiDoom 2.0

DelphiDoom 2.0 has been released.

Downloads
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/del...iDoom%202.0.1/ (binary executables and full source code)

Wiki
    https://doomwiki.org/wiki/DelphiDoom

DelphiDoom is the complete recreation of the 1993 game Doom series and derivatives (Doom, Doom2, Chex Quest, Heretic, Hexen and Strife) to the Pascal programming language.

The purpose of the project is to extent the original engine adding new features that:
    • Improve the gaming experience using ogirinal game data (eg true color software rendering, high screen resolution, OpenGL rendering, free look with mouse, jumping etc)
    • Improve the gaming experience using additional external data (eg external high quality textures, improved scripted logic, voxels, 3d models etc)

Notable new features in this release:
    • Sloped floors and ceilings
    • 3d Middle Floors (to create true room over room effect)
    • Advanced PascalScript to customize levels and actors (Thanks to Remobject's Pascalscript)
    • Ladder special
    • Support for V5 glnodes (extend maximum map size)
    • Teleport zoom effect
    • Per individual actor dropitems (controlled by script)
    • More accurate fake3d effect (perspective correction in software rendering mode)
    • Long filename aliases inside WADs (using PK3ENTRY)
    • Support for HI_START & HI_END namespace inside PWADs (external textures inside *.WAD files etc)

New Tools (included in the binary download)
    • DelphiDoom Script IDE
    • PascalScript command line compiler (ddc)

Old Tools (external download)

Editing Examples

Note: The above examples require doom2 (commercial version).

Applications for creating a new level, editing the examples
    There are a lot of 3rd party fun made editors that can do the job. The above examples were made with:

Configuration files for DoomBuilder can be downloaded here.

Playing the game
    My sourceforge downloads include only the source code and the compiled executables (Win32)
    To run the game you must also have the original game data (doom.wad or doom2.wad etc).

*If you do not own some of the supported games:

For Pascal programmers
    • The slopes and the 3d floors shapes in software rendering mode are calculated using Bala Vatti's clipping algorithm. I used the very nice Delphi implementation found here
    • Inside the source code, in \SCRIPT directory you can find some ideas about intergrating Pascalscript in your own projects.

Screenshots (All with the software renderer)

Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 05-03-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Correct spelling mistakes

WOW!

That looks awesome.

EDIT: The only thing that DelphiDoom is missing is a proper guide on how to set it up. While I did managed to get it working OK there are bunch of other people out there who might like to replay one of these old games on newer computer but don't have enough knowledge to set everything up.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 05-03-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Cool.

I planned to do the same with Duke Nukem 3D. I even have code that loads maps and renders in 2D. May be some day . If I re-start the project, can I ask for your help?
    No signature provided yet.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Very cool stuff
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Nice mate
    Thanks for sharing!!

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Cool.

I planned to do the same with Duke Nukem 3D. I even have code that loads maps and renders in 2D. May be some day . If I re-start the project, can I ask for your help?
    Yes, of cource. Are you planning to recreate the game in a new basis (using only the grp data file) or converting the build engine source from C to Pascal?
    By the way, I had made a 3d map viewer for Duke3D a long ago (http://www.geocities.ws/jimmyvalavan...ukeviewer.html) .

Really impressive! These new features improve a lot the immersion!
    Developer of Mundo Project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Valavanis View Post
    Yes, of cource. Are you planning to recreate the game in a new basis (using only the grp data file) or converting the build engine source from C to Pascal?
    By the way, I had made a 3d map viewer for Duke3D a long ago (http://www.geocities.ws/jimmyvalavan...ukeviewer.html) .
    Just recreating the game in a new basis. Initially I tried to translate from C to Pascal but it is impossible, an I really want to know how does it work (actually Ken forgot it! I asked him!).

Do you still have the sources of the Duke Viewer?
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Just recreating the game in a new basis. Initially I tried to translate from C to Pascal but it is impossible, an I really want to know how does it work (actually Ken forgot it! I asked him!).

Do you still have the sources of the Duke Viewer?
    Same here. Some time ago tried to play around with build engine source but it was difficult to understand, so never tried to convert it to Pascal. I think I can resurrect some portions of Duke Viewer source code, at least the main loader functions, I'll let you known.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast