Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Luna Game Library - Simple & Elegant Game Programming

- Renamad Highscore_SetOnThreadEvent to Highscore_SetThreadEvent (naming consistency)
    - Renamed Highscore_GetOnThreadEvent to Highscore_ThreadEvent (naming consistency)
    - Added Luna Game Pascal and light-weight IDE (lgPascal, multi-projects, EXEs and DLLs, single-file project format, custom skins)
    - Delphi and Luna Game Pascal examples
    - Rename makerez to lgRez for naming consistency
    - General fixes and improvements
    Last edited by drezgames; 04-11-2017 at 08:19 PM.

I wasn't much active during the summer. Any updates?

Hi, yes. I'm working on new build coming soon'ish.

@Thyandyr, I basically rewrote a large chunk of it over the summer. More efficient structure, some optimizations, bug fixes, etc. I now have a consistent naming convention for the API and got the header documented. The new build is not ready just yet, but if you want to take a look at the header and the current feature set, you can view here. I removed physics and scripting for now. They were too unstable. I hope to add them back in a future build. Hopefully in the next few days I will have new build ready and get this thread updated with new info, images and videos.
    Last edited by drezgames; 26-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.

It has lot of stuff going on! In game purchases! Twitter! It's cool how it can set up the highscore database remotely.

Trivial typos on lines 821, 1055, 1111

Besides for making games with this, I can see how this can be used as drop in replacement for bass.dll and for other supportive features in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    It has lot of stuff going on! In game purchases! Twitter! It's cool how it can set up the highscore database remotely.

Trivial typos on lines 821, 1055, 1111

Besides for making games with this, I can see how this can be used as drop in replacement for bass.dll and for other supportive features in games.
    Thx. Yes, all the thing that I need (hopefully for others too) for my typical game project, simple and easy to use.

Ahh yes, thanks for catching those typos.

One feature that may be useful for music files is to start from a specific location.

procedure Music_Play(aMusic: TMusic; aVolume: Single; aLoops: Integer; aLocation: Single = 0); external LUNA_DLL; // Playback music starting from aLocation

Specified in seconds, percent of file length etc.

One feature that may be useful for music files is to start from a specific location.

procedure Music_Play(aMusic: TMusic; aVolume: Single; aLoops: Integer; aLocation: Single = 0); external LUNA_DLL; // Playback music starting from aLocation

Ahh, great suggestion. I think I should be able to add this. Cool, thx.

Ok, added:
    Code:
    function  Music_SetPosition(aPosition: Single): Boolean; external LUNA_DLL;     // Set the current position (seconds) in the music stream (only MOD, OGG, FLAC, MP3_MAD, MODPLUG formats).
    Will be in next update. Thanks again for the suggestion.

*** UPDATE ***
    - cleaned up thread, removed old media and provided update status on certain features
    - removed physics (too unstable, new version in the future)
    - removed scripting (too unable, not sure if I will add in the future)
    - removed ide stuff (will be in separate future project)
    - fixed, enhanced and made some internal optimizations (texture blending modes, enable/disable vsync, Luna.Framework, etc)
    - adding some more complex demos (see videos below)
    - new build coming soon(ish)tm

Elastic Demo

Viewports Demo

Scroll Demo

AstroBlaster Mini Game

ChainAction Mini Game

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast