Thread: Style guide: all links have rotten away

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Style guide: all links have rotten away

In this sticky thread: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...36-Style-guide
    all links to proposed guides are dead.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's an interesting suggestion...

Instead of simply reporting it to the staff and expecting us to fix it, you could engage the community mindset and make a post in the thread which says something along the lines of:-

"Unfortunately all the style guides that were linked have long since disappeared, but here's a few links to others that I've managed to find........"

Possibly even find the Embarcadero one that will undoubtedly exist and be considered a replacement for the Borland one.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I simply find the topic itself of dubious use. So I am not inclined to do any research on it.
    But there could be someone around who thinks otherwise, so I still reported it, just in case.
    To be honest I am beginning to forget what "embarcadero" is, I'm a FPC-only man. But as fpc documentation is much less developed, so are the chances of me finding a useful link

Taking and not Giving is a bad policy for anyone in any kind of community. The community can only grow if members contribute. Your lack of community spirit disturbs me...

Quote Originally Posted by pitfiend View Post
    Have you checked the date of that article? It is 31st of December 1998. And that is actually a Borland coding style that has been used in old Delphi versions. This codding style is not very useful in modern Delphi versions since it doesn't cover various language features that were implemented in later Delphi versions like "Namespaces", hot to properly format your code if it has multi platform support and so on.

From what I'm seeing around the web and other forums the most commonly used coding style amongst Delphi developers is JEDI coding style (coding style that is used in Jedi Visual Component Library).
    http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/StyleGuide.htm
    This one is also the one that I'm using the most, even thou I occasionally break some codding style rules.