Thread: New Game forum at Lazarus forums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    not enough free time: Probably the most common
    [groan]
    I got distracted from all things Pascal for *months* by my custom portable PC project that eats time and money like no tomorrow. I'm already at 3x the expected budget at it only just begun. Would be much worse if I actually damaged my GTX1060 while cutting the unnecessary butt part off with a handsaw (too long; didn't fit).
    Must pet my cats more, calm my nerves.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not going to comment on some of what I read in that forum request thread because some of it rubbed me up the wrong way.

How about this for an idea... people want content right? How about I create a Patreon/MakerSupport account... people donate monthly and I give the amount of time to the site that I would have to spend working for my business to generate the equivalent income.

How would that go down do you think?
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    I'm not going to comment on some of what I read in that forum request thread because some of it rubbed me up the wrong way.

How about this for an idea... people want content right? How about I create a Patreon/MakerSupport account... people donate monthly and I give the amount of time to the site that I would have to spend working for my business to generate the equivalent income.

How would that go down do you think?
    May be you should make a poll. I would actually help with a few money to keep this site running.

I have some experience in Patreon (comics, not gamemaking though) and I know how much hard it is.
    No signature provided yet.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As for Silver's comments about why people don't post... completely agree and I don't think he has gone far enough.

Some people on here can be downright rude about other peoples endeavours and attempts, sometimes being overly critical and picking fault with the smallest of detail. If people are lacking in confidence this will put them off and I will admit the thought of publishing stuff on the site has scared me knowing how picky and critical some people can be.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::