Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2007 PGD Annual: Pre-Event Hype

2007 PGD Annual: Pre-Event Hype

Aw man, I'm still finishing my "The Castle" 0.7.0. But for sure I'll try to enter the compo (at least to submit again the only Linux entry . Can't wait !

Blog Entries

Well I'd personally like to see more Linux (or *nix portable) entries. I don't wish for any less win32 entries as I'd like to try them all like I did last years. [size=9px](All those that completed competition entries did very well I honestly believe. I'm proud of them all!)[/size]

GBA might be on the table... unsure though... as there is no existing sound library for it yet...

I doubt that anyone would be interested in competing against PC entrties with a console entry that they may not be able to get full control of. This is just my personal thoughts though, don't let me stop you if your interested. What do you guys think?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    GBA might be on the table... unsure though... as there is no existing sound library for it yet...

I doubt that anyone would be interested in competing against PC entrties with a console entry that they may not be able to get full control of. This is just my personal thoughts though, don't let me stop you if your interested. What do you guys think?
    I have started converting libgba from scratch, because this sound issue, and to make it similar to libnds... I hope I'll finish this work in a week
    Paradoxically, at this time libnds for fpc is more stable and complete than libgba for fpc, so it could be even better to have the compo open to nds instead gba :think:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Ok well thats great. I personally like that we can now fully flesh out a fully working GBA game using all of its hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Paradoxically, at this time libnds for fpc is more stable and complete than libgba for fpc, so it could be even better to have the compo open to nds instead gba :think:
    Hmm... now thats interesting. However, our biggest limitation as seen in the PGD Christmas Demo was that we could not access enough memory (or the full amount of memory allowed on a NDS cart) and we could not access all of the two screens. Do you think you could overcome this obsticle before Feburary?

Ultimately, as I said before... with all hardware access limitations put aside it lies on the shoulders of the competitors. If Dom cannot get at least 2 solid confirmed GBA or NDS entries I would see it being difficult for him to arrange it.

A GBA/NDS specific prize would possibly be on the table aswell if Dom did enter the platform. But like I said before we'd need confirmed teams to make a GBA/NDS title to attract such a sponsorship.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Ok well thats great. I personally like that we can now fully flesh out a fully working GBA game using all of its hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Hmm... now thats interesting. However, our biggest limitation as seen in the PGD Christmas Demo was that we could not access enough memory (or the full amount of memory allowed on a NDS cart) and we could not access all of the two screens. Do you think you could overcome this obsticle before Feburary?
    Let me explain: the problem I had with snow demo is not due to fpc or libnds limitations, but to my limited knowledge of nds programming techniques. ops:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123