Thread: Ponx - High DPI aware PONG style game for Linux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congrats to the bridge builder idea. Always nice to get confirmation the ideas are viable. I think I heard about the Pontifex but I never tried it. Too much Startcraft I for that.

Your projects in the works sound interesting. Especially the first one. I always liked strategy better than tactics, but that's a personal preference of course. You could perhaps use the pathfinding algorithm from project #3 in the trade mechanics somehow.

I do believe that the UI library project is no easy task. I wouldn't know even where to begin. But sounds like a good thing to become more future proof in case of more graphics engine changes.

I know it's not the same but I remember not being able to install my ancient Delhpi 3 after getting my first 64-bit windows 7 laptop. That's when I found Lazarus btw. Some of the old code could be converted/re-used but there were issues. It's annoying when suddenly the old tried methods don't work anymore. Btw I still keep that Win 7 laptop because that's my only way to use my scanner.

I look forward to see whatever new projecs you may come up with in the future.

For my own part I'll take a break with the PONX and have begun on the remake of the pysics based game. So far I managed to add a second ball and that's at least a start. But nothing to show yet.
    Last edited by Jonax; 29-05-2022 at 11:35 PM. Reason: typo