I had no idea what the 'package temperature' was. Nice to have an idea about that now.

I can add that what I call CPU temperature is actually from Core 1. I got 4 cores but so far they've all shown the same value when I check so I simplified things by just logging Core 1.

CPU vs GPU constrained:

For my part the GPU is mostly not a problem. I don't play modern games and the games I make are 2D and not very demanding for the hardware.

Most of the time the integrated graphics is enough for me. First time I noticed a GPU limit at all was like 5 years ago when the monitor crashed and I bought a larger one. Then the old J1900 integrated graphics turned out to be inadequate for watching movies. That was one big motivation to buy a newer PC and then I got a J 5005 pentium and just recently also the latest Pentium dedicated for Linux.

My programming project. I'm dabbling with yet a Linux mini game with short playtime and low hardware demands. Working title:

"Vesta forever"

I hope to be able to present a beta any week now. Then looking forward to feedback from the community for further polishing..