Quote Originally Posted by Chebmaster View Post
But there's the interesting part: I look at the graph and suddenly see this "package temperature" soaring towards 90C, away from the cores steadily zigzagging around 75.
Conclusion: it's the only sensor that takes gpu into consideration - and that gpu *could* heat up horribly in rare, rare circumstances.
If you call that rare circumstances then I guess you are one of the smarter people that keeps V-Sync enabled all the time.
There are so many games (both Indy and AAA) that are literally capable of melting integrated GPU's when simply left at main menu since it reaches so high FPS there. High FPS even when doing simple 2D rendering of main menu can still cause High GPU utilization and when you consider that in order to reach such high FPS the CPU also needs to send lots of render calls to the GPU (high utilization of at least one CPU core) you can quickly understand why this can be so dangerous.

I'd provide a screenshot (a screnshot is worth a thousand words) but my site's Let'sEncrypt config is broken and I am still too lazy to fix it.

Real use cases, wild and woolly, always have untold number of surprises in store.[/QUOTE]