View Poll Results: What genre of game would be good to make?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • RPG

4 20.00%
  • First-person shooter

1 5.00%
  • Side-scrolly jump-and-run

9 45.00%
  • Games? I thought this was fark.com. Damn!

0 0%
  • Real-time strategy

5 25.00%
  • Shoot-em-up (horizontal or vertical scroller)

0 0%
  • One-on-one fighting (like StreetFighter 2)

1 5.00%
  • Other (specify in the thread):

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game choice

Game choice

Illunis has asked about creating a game. Assuming it was ever to get off the ground, what would your preference be?
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

Game choice

Well i have voted for RPG like.... Come on guys...keep it coming.....no matter what we can have fun anyway. I agree with the The Lion.....no matter what it will be fun programming and exchange of ideas....VOTE NOW....I...errr YOU decide..... :?

Game choice

Good idea in theory Although planning and designing to get it off the ground could be a whole other ball park I voted for RTS because I have a pet hate of group games being RPGs, although for some reason I find the scripting and trigger systems interesting and fun? to do (did work in a group working on an RPG previously.. failed tho )

Game choice

Sweet side scrolling goodness baby! There just aren't enough cool side scrollers being released. Though I am very partial to a more puzzle/maze oriented scroller when done completely in 2D (think Prince of Persia, Zorro, Blackthorne, or Nosferatu). In fact, I'd love to do a sequel, remake, or game in the style of Nosferatu, which was one of the most anticipated SNES games but flopped due to poor game controls and horrid enemy AI.

P.S. My second choice would be a RTS.
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

Game choice

I agree with you exactly Xorcist.

1. Side scroller platformer
    2. RTS

(Sorry illunis, but RPG is way down the list).

iLLUNis

Game choice

Quote Originally Posted by balog
    ... (Sorry illunis, but RTS is way down the list).
    Nahhh...like i said it is for the fun and to be able to work as a community...anything goes....
    PS....i ll shoot you later.... :shock:

Game choice

A Side Scroller game (like pop) would be very cool to do too, however I voted RTS...
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Game choice

Looks like the old platform games are still very popular (40% at this time)... i'd better hurry up with my tutorial I suppose :idea:

Game choice

Quote Originally Posted by ARosendal
    Looks like the old platform games are still very popular (40% at this time)... i'd better hurry up with my tutorial I suppose :idea:
    Yeah, get your butt in gear, man! :twisted: (...says the guy with two tutorials that have been half-finished for about a month now... :roll
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Game choice

I know how that feels AliMonster! I never get around to making tutorials and when I start I don't think they are good enough, so I start writing about something else and finish it in a weekend, but that only happened 3x (as you can see on in my tutorial section)...
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast