Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

I've created this thead in the JEDI-SDL forum to sort out issues with my functions.

Does SDL not have a scale/rotate/add function?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Hey Kas, check your PM messages! [size=9px](I have to talk to Dom about making the Messages button in the mini menu flash again...)[/size]

Well it seems that I am going to be changing what I do with graphics and instead use OpenGL. I'll still use SDL for it's other functions though. My favorite being the Input features.

I just have to get adjusted with it first. [size=9px](Reading the 'Red Book' on OpenGL.org, NeHe tuts and some of the ported demos in JEDI-SDL.)[/size] I'll likely use OpenGL through SDL to start with sticking with 2D.

We'd have to see about Cyber-Crisis 2 being in 3D though. But who knows...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Woohoo! Cyber Crisis now uses OpenGL!

Kas and I both converted the engine to OpenGL this last week or so. And we are really happy with the results. We also changed packaging of the sprites, with his suggestions, so that we can take full availability of the alpha channel in our sprites AND amke our sprites any size we so wish now. [size=9px](they look a lot nicer in the engine with alpha blended edges)[/size]

I am also now free to do all the cool special effects I want [size=9px](of course within practicality )[/size] this includes NecroDOME's helpful tips on explosions. :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll see a lot faster progress on the engine now that we have the 'hard parts' out of the way. I'll keep you guys up to date as we get closer to a firm alpha...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Any chance you can post some more info regarding the transition between the SW render to OpenGL? Are you using any lib? Any chance for some template code? (I am also “stuck” in the SW 2D phase)
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

C O O L
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

The robot reminds me of the robot from I, Robot.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Quote Originally Posted by tanffn
    Any chance you can post some more info regarding the transition between the SW render to OpenGL? Are you using any lib? Any chance for some template code? (I am also “stuck” in the SW 2D phase)
    Take a look at http://www.delphigl.com/. They have very nice SDK with SDL-GL framework and lot's of other interesting stuff. (The site is in german but they have english section).

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

If you are serious about OpenGL, I strongly recommend this book: OpenGL Programming Guide aka 'The Red Book'.

The older versions are availible online through the OpenGL.org site or if you want the latest stuff the 5th Edition is in book stores or Amazon.com.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Yep, as WILL said, Cyber Crisis now uses OpenGL for rendering, so apart from a major speed increase , we can take advantage of OpenGL's 3D infrustructure and do perfect rotations, scales, alpha blending, and all the other OpenGL goodness .

Quote Originally Posted by tanffn
    I just replaced WILL's SDL code (setting up Rects, and blitting), with standard OpenGL calls, for binding textures, and drawing triangles, (after setting OpenGL to ortho view and turning off dept tests etc)

I'd be happy to post some sample code.

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
    I'd be happy to post some sample code.
    That would be fantastic! Thanks
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast