Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Quote Originally Posted by tanffn
    Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
    I'd be happy to post some sample code.
    That would be fantastic! Thanks
    I set up a thread for a 2D OpenGL demonstration.
    It's pretty much the same technique that's been implemented in Cyber Crisis now.

2D OpenGL Demo

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

A Little Update: *whew* I've got the Cyber-Crisis engine busting out at a full 177 FPS!

Working over all my older code, weeding out the bugs and cleaning up all the glitches. I think I'm in a 'happy state' with it right now.

I've got all my tile drawing/animation routines in. And the Level Editor is pretty functional. The coolest feature I think though is the ability to send the player to 'heaven' by simply walking on a tile. I set my gravity and max fall rates for each tile, which will allow for me to easily do some neat little tricks with the game physics in parts of my levels.

Next thing will be to start Teleporter drawing... (will also include the features of a level exit. allowing me to make 'complete' and functional game maps)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

A profile for Cyber-Crisis has been added to the Great Games Experiment site.

Cyber-Crisis Profile
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

At this time I am announcing that this project is now canceled.

I know, I know, it had such a neat story. Well I might pick it up later on in some other form. But to be honest, it's unlikely going to happen for a very long time.

Truth is content requirements are just way too high and I'm not able to obtain the art or artists on the scale that I'd like so that ends that.

I'd be willing to release the source for both the incomplete engine and editor if anyone wants to see how to start a platformer?

It uses Lazarus, SDL and OpenGL...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Free source is always welcome. At least it may help beginners on their way into game development.

However the game sounded cool so it's a shame it wont be finished.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Yeah, it was a great little story. I guess if I ever catch a writing bug I have a story to flesh out in print huh?

This code could make a nice base for any kind of platform oriented project actually... From a Mega Man clone to the next Soldat. A working (though half complete) editor helps for design purposes too I guess.

btw, you know that you can run and jump inside the editor right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

2 bad... screenies looked nice!
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    At this time I am announcing that this project is now canceled.

I know, I know, it had such a neat story. Well I might pick it up later on in some other form. But to be honest, it's unlikely going to happen for a very long time.

Truth is content requirements are just way too high and I'm not able to obtain the art or artists on the scale that I'd like so that ends that.

I'd be willing to release the source for both the incomplete engine and editor if anyone wants to see how to start a platformer?

It uses Lazarus, SDL and OpenGL...
    Hi Will, I would be interested in looking at the source code :-)
    Sorry to hear it was cancelled
    cheers,
    Paul.

Blog Entries

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Sure no problem Paul. I've already collected the sources and files it uses. I'm just deciding if I should attach some kind of license to it or not.

I'm not really a huge fan of long winded licenses. I'd love for you guys to use it for whatever you want, especially commercial games, but so long as you don't try to cop the title Cyber-Crisis or mimic the title character as your own.

I guess you can call it the 'Don't steal my IP ideas or I'll send a Large Army of Crayfish after you!' license. :evil: The rest (meaning the code), is all yours though. :thumbup:

So uh.. yeah, thats the license... obey it... or... else! :roll:

Ok heres the code: Download (1.44 MB --no seriously, it is...)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cyber Crisis [Canceled]

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Sure no problem Paul. I've already collected the sources and files it uses. I'm just deciding if I should attach some kind of license to it or not.

I'm not really a huge fan of long winded licenses. I'd love for you guys to use it for whatever you want, especially commercial games, but so long as you don't try to cop the title Cyber-Crisis or mimic the title character as your own.

I guess you can call it the 'Don't steal my IP ideas or I'll send a Large Army of Crayfish after you!' license. :evil: The rest (meaning the code), is all yours though. :thumbup:

So uh.. yeah, thats the license... obey it... or... else! :roll:

Ok heres the code: Download (1.44 MB --no seriously, it is...)
    You are a champion! :-)

PS. perhaps you should add a (R) or (tm) to the end of that cool license name! :lol: ;-)

cheers,
    Paul.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast