In an effort to revive my 'first' platform game project, Cyber-Crisis, I've decided to make an official post about it.

Gameplay & Concept: I'm not trying to break too many boundaries with this game, just bring back to life the kind of side scrolling platform fun I used to have when I was a kid. Only now with today's newer hardware capabilities and design techniques the experience will be greatly enhanced.

The game will have a familiar set of controls and action that have been seen in several platform style games. Inspired in part by games like MegaMan, Contra and Metroid.

Gameplay will focus on completing stages to unlock new areas to finish the game. You will be able upgrade your character with new armour, basic systems, special features and different weapons.

Graphics: I'm going pre-rendered 2D sprites with lots of particle effects. Hopefully if all goes well, I'll have nice panoramic backgrounds pre-rendered characters, cutscenes and menus to create a really amazing feel to the game. The main character will also change his appearance as you upgrade your character, take damage, etc. The enemies and bosses will each have their own unique look and feel to them as well.

I'm hoping to have quite the diverse world to explore.

The Game Story: You are a prototype robot based on revolutionary new technology developed by a brilliant scientist who had intended to use it for good and honourable purposes.

However as fate would have it, the good doctor was hunted down, killed and his research stolen by a militant organization ran by a power-hungry madman. Fortunately for you, and for all that is decent still, the good doctor found out of those wanting his demise and put in place emergency measures to be carried out in case of such an even.

In the evacuation however, the escaping convoy carrying his prototype work was attacked and was assumed lost.

60 years later, one of the partially complete prototype robots, you wake up to find a darker world that awaits you.

Kas is my principle artist on this project, but if others feel that they would like to have a go at something, please let us know.

I'll also need a musician somewhere down the road. but won't actively seek out anything until we're a bit further along [size=9px](much easier that way!)[/size]

There is a basic engine in place so far, but nothing near what I'd need for a 'Proof of Concept' Alpha yet. We're focusing on programming and graphics right now.

Early concept design & artwork can bee seen here(concept art) and here(early design ideas) and here (story development)!

Project was canceled on June 26th, 2007!