When I started my own vertor/matrix unit (you can see it in http://www.camelot.homedns.org/~mich...ame_engine.php,
unit VectorMath in subdir base/) I wasn't aware that there is a matrix unit in FPC. Actually, I'm not sure whether it existed then, as it was around 2002.

Then, when I first saw Matrix unit, I saw that it uses old-style TP objects... so I suspected that maybe it's some old code, not maintained. Moreover, it didn't have anything to offer me, aside from nice operator overloads that I could add to my unit at any time. My unit already had way more operations.

To enumarate everything that I expect from the vector/matrix unit, I would have to paste here the interface of my whole VectorMath unit BTW, you have complete permission to reuse any parts of my VectorMath unit for FPC Matrix unit, under FPC RTL license.

The most important information for me is that now I know that Matrix unit is supposed to stay and be maintained and improved. I'll see whether I can migrate to it --- at least reusing it's Tvector*_data and Tmatrix*_data types should be an easy and quick start.