Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacBook and JEDI-SDL v1.0

MacBook and JEDI-SDL v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Hmm... try disabling HTML in your post... if you leave the BBCode then it should still display as a Code block, but without the HTML parser getting in the way.
    Worked a treat Thanks...

Hi all,
    Trying to create a basic Nehe OpenGL tutorial 3 using JEDI-SDL. The good news is that everything compiles beautifully. The bad news is that the first OpenGL command it encounters crashes the application. My guess is that OpenGL is not properly initiated, so when it tries to make an OpenGL call, the bindings aren't pointing to anything. Anyone got any ideas?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Are you running this from within an application bundle e.g. MyApp.app? If so do you have a Contents\frameworks directory that contains a copy of OpenGl.framework

I'm running it from within the XCode IDE. OpenGL.framework is part of the project.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

OK the 2D XCode Project template is 99% working. I should be able to sort out the 1% left tomorrow. You select the template from within XCode point it to a Directory and it generates everthing for you. Click Build and Run and it off it goes. A basic 2D application up and running.

I have also created a 3D project template. This second problem about it crashing on the first OpenGL call it makes still has me a bit stumped, unless it's a compiler issue ( yeah blame the compiler guys ).

In case anyone missed it, I posted information about the Disk Image I created that contains the JEDI-SDL framework and the 2D and 3D project templates over @ http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...pic.php?t=3819.

All I need to do now is work out a way to automate the double clicky stuff Billy mentioned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12