View Poll Results: Are you interested in being a part of a PGD Online Video Commercial?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't care. I hate you all.

4 12.50%
  • Yes, but I DON'T have a webcam or a video camera.

8 25.00%
  • Yes, and I have a webcam!

3 9.38%
  • Yes, and I have a video camera!

3 9.38%
  • Yes, and I have both a webcam and a video camera!!!

2 6.25%
  • I don't know. I'm either camera shy or wanted by the CIA and I'm hidding.

12 37.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Us Spread The Word in PGD's 1st Advertising Campaign!

Help Us Spread The Word in PGD's 1st Advertising Campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Now I should decide: English? Italian? French? My local dialect? Singing the slogan? Burping it? :think:
    That’s a good question.. what do you say WILL? [size=9px](I can offer Hebrew, English, Portuguese, Spanish and some Klingon)[/size]
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Quote Originally Posted by tanffn
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Now I should decide: English? Italian? French? My local dialect? Singing the slogan? Burping it? :think:
    That’s a good question.. what do you say WILL? [size=9px](I can offer Hebrew, English, Portuguese, Spanish and some Klingon)[/size]
    So... WILL, I have my cam ready to start, but I need to know which language you need [size=7px](taking for granted that no one will understand my English)[/size]
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Ok tell you what then. Everyone give me about 3 good ones in English and 1 or 2 in their native language. Mind you, I won't be able to pick out the studdering or sluring in non-english languages.

So I'll end up taking the one that edit's nicely (English or Non-English language depending on the amount of non-english I get.)

And you don't have to post them publicly. In fact a post on YouTube or any other video hosting will do me no good. I need them in their original recorded format (provided it's not this huge file or a thousand attempts) with your best 3 english and 1 or two in your native toung.

So Legolas English and tanffn.... err where ever you are from. :scratch: Funny how I still don't know. Just not Kilngon. (Imagines all the new sterotypes cropping up. :fuzzy: )

So that should basically do it for the 1st project. For Project 2 do whatever you like. Just make it interesting and/or fun/cool.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

LOL @ Video
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Completely forgot about this ops: I will try to do something even tonight. sorry WILL.
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*

Blog Entries

Awesome!

The "I am" commercial needs max participation. (I'm mean common! it's ~3 seconds of fame. CIA ain't that quick. :lol

Now if we want to look at it from a mathematical perspective, consider this;

It'll take 3-4 seconds to say the line and I want to run the commercial for as long as 2 minutes 30 seconds. To cover that time-frame with full 3 second clips I'd need 50 people to say the soon to be famous words. :shock: Oh yeah... So if you guys haven't started already (and I know you haven't) get your buttox in front of that cam and start recording.

Now I realize that this is a significantly large number for such a small crowd so I've thought about it a bit and instead of a video of a bunch of guys just saying "I'm a ..." we could have the development groups like Magic Storm, NecroSOFT, and the rest to send clips of them in force saying who they are...

On top of this you can also say things like "I make games in/with Pascal/Object Pascal/Delphi/Lazarus/Free Pascal/etc!"

In short we need video to even do this and so far the only one who has recorded anything is me. :? So all those that have offered to join in, awesome, thanks, please email them to me soon.

And those that haven't come on you'll be helping to promote something that you love. At most we may only use you for 3 seconds like I said, so if you the camera shy type, don't be. After all is said and done, it's only 3 seconds.

All video clips can be emailed to me at: raproductions@hotmail.com [size=9px](1,000 KB or less file attachments per email pls)[/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I have sent my clips :mrgreen:
    C'mon, guys! Be jackass like me and WILL and take up that cam! :joker:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Nice job Francesco! :thumbup:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    It'll take 3-4 seconds to say the line and I want to run the commercial for as long as 2 minutes 30 seconds. To cover that time-frame with full 3 second clips I'd need 50 people to say the soon to be famous words. :shock: Oh yeah... So if you guys haven't started already (and I know you haven't) get your buttox in front of that cam and start recording.
    If you want I can wear a wig and record my self several times

Blog Entries

:lol: naw thats ok. You how you normally are is fine.

But if you want to really help you can make a few in english (and if you have any other main languages those would be great too) with the "I am..." line.

:idea: If you'd really like to help more then maybe a short version of why you got into making games with Pascal would be neat. I can splice them together with the commercial in fact, others can/will offer their stories too I think. :idea:

Make the commercial more interesting that way I think. What do you guys think?

Oh and for those that might be wondering/worrying when or if I'll be focusing more on the games that are made by Pascal developers, worry not. I'll be doing some cool footage with all of that too. I just want to get the 'hard stuff' first which is live 'actors'.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast