Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uber Chess

Blog Entries

Uber Chess

You know technically you don't have to go with traditional colors... You could say change the Tron Map so that you have Red and Blue lined pieces like in the Tron movie/games...

Any other themes you planning?

Either way I'm playin' this when I get home in an hour.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Uber Chess

Hmm, it appears I made a typo in my post about the Fatal Exception error.
    It occurs in the menu when creating a new game and you press the spacebar.

Uber Chess

Wow, the screenshot looks impressive.

I downloaded the game but can't play. I got an access violation in the engine dll... any idea how to solve it? I want to play it.

Uber Chess

wow... Respect..that snapshot looks freak'n awesome. :clap: :razz: :shock:

I can only say one thing "I WANT SUCH AN ENGINE TOO".
    Unfortunatly it will take some weeks work before i'll get anything usefull out of it.
    I feel kinda small when i compare my work to yours.
    I am anxious to know how your engine works and how you were able to code this game in such a short time. It would be very nice if you would publish a good description (not only a list of features) of your engine on your site.. i think we could all learn from it.

Very kind of you to release the source.. i really like to know how the game works.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Uber Chess

The game is beautiful but there are two things:
    - The positions of kings and queens should be switched (The kings should be on "e" column)
    - The white's left corner should be black not white.
    FIXED -

Hmm, it appears I made a typo in my post about the Fatal Exception error.
    It occurs in the menu when creating a new game and you press the spacebar.
    FIXED -

I've looked for a setting in the readme, and pushed all buttons on my keyboard, but there appears to be no way to place the camera in a different view.
    I also agree with Traveler's point on camera view
    FIXED - When you press the 'C' the camera moves to an hard coded position above the field to have a nice view.

When turning off the glow effect, it gives also an exception when starting a new map. I fixed that 2

Thanks for you feedback!!

New Uber Chess is uploaded to my server, http://necrodome.homeftp.net/Project...e_Uber%20Chess (Same URL as above)
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Uber Chess

Nope, just 4 maps. We still need to fix .S.C.A.G. :scratch: :read: progress is realy, realy slooooooow.....(we have 2 maps thats need to finish...before next compo!!)...

I can only say one thing "I WANT SUCH AN ENGINE TOO".
    You can use it as you like, just download the SDK !!

I am anxious to know how your engine works and how you were able to code this game in such a short time. It would be very nice if you would publish a good description (not only a list of features) of your engine on your site.. i think we could all learn from it. Smile
    What other things would you like to see??

I got an access violation in the engine dll... any idea how to solve it?
    Did you turn off the GLOW effect? If yes, leave it on or download new version! When did it occur?

Thanx for comment/feedback, sorry for double post...

Blog Entries

Uber Chess

Double poster! There he is again! Get him!!! :evil: :rambo: :viking: harao: :cylon: :elephant: :hellspawn: :alien: :spidey:

:lol: [size=9px](I think it's out of my system now. )[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    Nope, just 4 maps. We still need to fix .S.C.A.G. :scratch: :read: progress is realy, realy slooooooow.....(we have 2 maps thats need to finish...before next compo!!)...
    Why not a .S.C.A.G. Theme?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Uber Chess

From me only bad news . The castling is broken. My favourite move :!:

Uber Chess

Castling broke? damn... stupid chess engine... thought I could just change king with queen :| ... well, try to fix it tomorrow...

We already thought about a .S.C.A.G. theme , like planes fly over etc... only need a bit of time to make it... Weekend will be very busy so I don't have much time... Next week I got some exams to make, give another presentation...

Uber Chess

You can use it as you like, just download the SDK Razz !!
    Yeah i know... what i actually ment is that i hope that somewere in the future my engine will be as great as Necro3d. :razz: But i think, that will take a while.
    I have checked out your API reference and i noticed that Necro3d doesn't have many routines, so the whole thing is kept simple and easy to use.
    However.. it still enables you to make great games with tons of special effects etc.. Good job!

What other things would you like to see??
    I was thinking of an 'about Necro3d' page.
    On this page, there are some facts listed, e.g How long it took to develop Necro3d, how many Units... Lines of code, maybe some info on the Engine's architecture, problems/sollutions during development, what are your plans etc..
    I have seen some nice games running on Necro3d an i'm getting quiet curious how the engine is developed. :razz:
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast