These are instructions on how to install JEDI-SDL for Lazarus:

1) JEDI-SDL Installation: Go to the JEDI-SDL project at SourceForge and download JEDI-SDL 1.0 BETA!

a. Once you've finished downloading, extract the JEDI-SDLv1.0 folder into the location you want to store all your libraries. On my setup I have a folder in My Documents called Pascal Projects and my copy of JEDI-SDL resides there. Either way, just REMEMBER this path, you'll need it in the setup.

2) Lazarus/JEDI-SDL Setup: Start up Lazarus if you don't already have it open. Create a new project for the purposes of demonstration.

[size=9px]NOTE: Unfortunately I've not found a way to setup a universal path for all libraries used in Laz so far... Perhaps they'll put this in for 1.0.[/size]

a. In the main menu go to Project -> Compiler Options... and if the Paths tab is not already open go into it now.

b. In the 'Other Unit Files (-Fu)' field put in the following, substituting my path for the one that you use for your own copy of JEDI-SDL. [size=9px](I recommend using the '...' button. )[/size]

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\OpenGL\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\fmod\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\ODE\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Image\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Mixer\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Net\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Sound\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_ttf\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDLFilter\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDLMonoFonts\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDLSpriteEngine\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SFont\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\smpeg\Pas\
c. Now to be able to find the include file put this into the 'Include Files (-Fi)' field substituting the same as you did before:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL\Pas\
3) JEDI-SDL Usage:

a. Now in any project you wish to use SDL in simply add 'sdl' to your uses clause as thus:

[pascal]uses
sdl;[/pascal]

Ta-da! You're done!

[size=9px]It might also give you some insights to setup for FPC/JEDI-SDL alone, as the parameters shown in the fields are FPC parameters.[/size]