Quote Originally Posted by Zenophran
That all sounds fantastic. One other suggestion would be to include the Open Dynamics Engine. There are some Delphi headers here. This would provide an alternative physics engine as an option.
Alright, sounds ok to me. I had though of this one, but was unsure as it seems that support for it has gotten somewhat lax in recent years. If nothing else perhaps it can be included as legacy?

http://www.hypeskeptic.com/Mattias/DelphiODE/

I also think the indy components should be in there initially instead as an addition as, having used them with Delphi in the past, I've found them quite useful.
Yeah, I have to agree, however the problem surrounding Indy is that the Indy guys are still trying to port it to Lazarus themselves. At least this is how I understand it.

[size=9px](http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/fpc/index.aspx)[/size]

Perhaps with a little bit more help both teams needs can be fulfilled.

Cross-compilation from any platform to any platform would be a major benefit I would think.
I agree. However complications with acquiring needed libraries [size=9px](legally in some cases)[/size] make it unable to provide this part out of the box. At least on Windows. On Linux or even Mac OS X (I think it would be a bit easier) it isn't as so hard to provide a pre-packaged ability to cross-compile for Win32/64, as hard to get libraries are not needed in this case.

This is still a big issue to overcome yet.

Just my AUD$0.02, I know it's not worth much :roll:
I'm Canadian. I know what you mean.

Here a question primed for debate, whats the best OpenGL headers to use? [size=9px](outside of JEDI-SDL's included copy which will be kept and used for JEDI-SDL created projects specifically)[/size]

I also am unsure of what OpenAL headers to use. OpenAL.org themselves point to noeska's headers, but I don't know how cross-platform compatible they are and I want to hear what others feel about this before I make it official.