Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lazarus - Game Developers Edition

Lazarus - Game Developers Edition

My experiences with Win64 and Vista have been interesting, but successful. Vista "WARNS" you about Lazarus quite a bit, but it seems to run/compile. Also, depending on your "security" settings, it asks you if you can run something EVERY SINGLE FRIGGING TIME YOU COMPILE IT! But, it will let you run it .

Win64 seems to work just fine, though I have to admit that I am running the 32 bit version, I've yet to play with the 64 bit version.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I sure have to deal with enough legal matters that I feel like one . The thing is, as long as WILL provides the source files that allow you to link the DLL's along with the distro, then the only thing you have to get around is the DLL or library specific license issues. This may require a separate download, and can be performed by an application.

PS: You can't statically link DX application and ship the DLL's with it. You MUST provide the user a separate install, instructions on how to install and where to get it from, or have a separate "process" that retrieves the install/files and places them in the "approved" place. Only Vista ships with DX installed automatically, on all other versions of windows it either didn't ship or is optional.

Blog Entries

Well my concern with Vista is, besides the obvious, mostly to do with DirectX 10.

I don't know if Alexey (Clootie) is planning on doing a translation of a DX10 SDK or not, but on of the deciding factors of choosing to do as such would be a compiler or compilers that supports Vista.

Microsoft has made it very clear that no Vista means no DirectX 10. This sort of has a huge impact on how accessible next gen will be to the open source world. And in our case... Lazarus.

On the issue of libraries though, I'm not too concerned with the DirectX DLLs though. MS takes care of MS so the files will be on just about any Windows box. My thoughts do lie on what I can put out of the box and what will be needed to be made into separate packages. (if I can do so considering the creator/owner's license on it)

All headers and source however will be included as I see no real clause stating that I cannot bundle the source in with the GDE.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Anyone else interested in this new/exciting edition of Lazarus?
    I am completly interested but wonder if the project still is active?

Blog Entries

Umm... permanent back burner...?

I was pushing the idea, but then I got real busy and to be honest just don't have the kind of time I used to for these community projects. However, I'm all for endorsing those who have the time and motivation to take and continue/complete projects like these.

Check out the wiki page for the Game Developers Edition at FreePascal.org to learn more about what the project's end goal is.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I am still willing to support, but I won't pull the cart (as we say in Dutch).

The project is alive?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Since I am too unexperienced and additionally also don't have enough time I shouldn't even think about "pulling the cart" . It's a pity though.

farcodev_

a Lazarus post 0.9.24 (0.9.26 or even a .27) + the new vampyre lib which will comme in some weeks+ Glscene/ODE + agg2pas if you need svg support + Orpheus

that should be ok

add Andorra for some fun and you have the package

I actually use 0.9.24 + vampyre, and waiting the 0.26.2 of vampyre to switch to the 0.9.27 build (because post .24 are full unicode now among other things)

Any news?

Re: Lazarus - Game Developers Edition

I think this is as dead as Elvis. Last updates on the wiki was in 2007, a bit way back....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast