Hi Christina, just wanna ask a little about the performance that you got on my entry, 7th Division. (Dunno if this is the right place to post this here)

You mentioned that you only got 16fps, with low details, on your 2nd desktop, 1.3GHz Duron Geforce 3(128 MB, Overclocked). And 1 fps on your main pc, 800MHz Althon nVidia GeForceFX 5200.

The second slowest pc I've tested my entry on is a 1ghz ?Athlon? Laptop, with onboard video (8mb from what I can tell), 256MB RAM. It ran at a constant 26fps, low details.

I know none of the PC's mentioned are gaming pc's, but I spent a bit of time Optimizing my entry to run on slower computers. I'm at the stage again when I'm further improving the performance, and running tests.

I'm using, at the time I submitted my entry, Octrees for Terrain and Scenery culling, Box-Frustum culling for Scenery, BackFace (and some frontface) culling, display lists for each scenery and Octree Node, State sorting, and triangle strips for all polygons.

The tree's are about 2700 polly's each, and although they are each drawn twice a frame (for cartoon outlines), I calculate the average scene draws about 50-60,000 triangles a frame. Which doesn't really seem all that much especially without textures. And using display lists, strips, and face culling, the hardware mentioned should be able to the the game ok.

I dunno, I'm just trying to investigate the performance, and am very suprised that your first pc only got 1 frame a second, lol. Maybe I have bottlenecks elsewhere apart from rendering, maybe in the AI or something, or all the overhead in polygon culling. I'm also worried, because the Demo Map that was supplied, was pretty bare. I'm planning on the final release to have about 10X as much scenery, it is infact ment to be thick jungle terrain after all, lol

Also, about Windows 2000 Server. As I have never had any experience with it, just wondering how you (and others ) find it's performance compared to say Windows XP, in gaming and general applications, and the driver support in Windows 2000.

I never got around to supplying a test demo before the dead-line, but I'll be sure to this round.

I just want everyone to be able to enjoy my game the way it's ment to be played