Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Multiplexity: MechaChess

Multiplexity: MechaChess

Well, have you tried GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR or GL_DST_COLOR? I really don't know what to say since I know enough to point out the problem, just not the solution. I'm not a 3D guy either, honestly.

That looks awful. The whole board is covered with some kind of yellow. Additive blending, I think.

Well, sorry I can't be of more help. I'd say you're best off sticking with GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR as I'm not sure exactly how to help. :? Been forever and a day since I messed with OpenGL directly, and even then I wasn't particularly good at it.

Well, 'least I tried.

It took some time, but here's the next screenshot, and, I have to concede I'm not particularly objective in this case, but I think it's just KICKASS.

It's coming along nicely.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Alright. From now on, I'm no longer the lead programmer. Now I'm the steel programmer. xD

I'm somewhat concerned about my entry not running when being judged. So, I now this is a little close in time, but would some of you please be so kind to download and test this: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com..._03_03_wup.zip

No worries It works just fine.

My current pc (I'm at work (or should be)) is not exactly a gaming pc, so I assume the pause after selecting a gamepiece is because of that. Other minor issues are the similarity between the pieces. After having played for a bit, it became a bit hard to see what piece was what.

Good stuff so far though!

It's hard to play chess, when all the pieces are cubes

But the game runs fine on my machine at work, and that computer isn't fit at all to play games, so I don't think you have to worry about your game not running when being judged.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Well, I have no model loader so far. And the thing I concerned was not the game running to slowly but more missing DLLs/textures/whatever or other things.

Thank you for testing.

By the way, this is not the latest version. The actual version shows a landscape rendered from a heightmap, so you can't do anything there apart from moving around, so I uploaded the older version.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast