Thread: OGG with SDL_mixer

OGG with SDL_mixer

I'm currently trying to play an OGG file with SDL_mixer.

I can play it as music and I can play WAVs as chunks, but when I try to load an OGG file as a chunk with Mix_LoadWAV it says "Unrecognized file type."

But I read on multiple pages that I can load OGG files with Mix_LoadWAV. What is the problem about it?

Re: OGG with SDL_mixer

Quote Originally Posted by 3_of_8
    I'm currently trying to play an OGG file with SDL_mixer.

I can play it as music and I can play WAVs as chunks, but when I try to load an OGG file as a chunk with Mix_LoadWAV it says "Unrecognized file type."

But I read on multiple pages that I can load OGG files with Mix_LoadWAV. What is the problem about it?
    Are you using OGG files for music or sound effects? If it is for music you should be able to use...

[pascal]music := Mix_LoadMUS('music.ogg');[/pascal]
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

OGG with SDL_mixer

I already said, it works fine with music, but that's not what I want.

Anyway, I got it running with Mix_LoadWAV by downloading a newer version of the DLLs.

OGG with SDL_mixer

Hmm, I really should read posts more thoroughly before dishing out useless advice.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

OGG with SDL_mixer

Never mind.

I noticed that Hedgewars game uses custom SDL_mixer library so you don't need to carry on additional 3 OGG libraries.

Edit:
    Okay I figured out that you need to use SDL_Mixer 1.2.6 to get rid off OGG Vorbis libraries.
    Last edited by gintasdx; 07-04-2011 at 01:23 PM.