Thread: Problems with cursor position

Problems with cursor position

Okay... i'am very tired but before i go to bed, i'll post this. :fuzzy:

I have a few problems with my cursor's position.
    I use DirectInput to retrieve the position changes since it doesn't return the positon in absolute screen coordinates.
    When i initialize my game i set the cursor to (0,0). (that's just for testing, will change in the future) .

When i start moving my cursor slowly to the right of the screen, everything's fine and coordinates are looking normal.
    But when i move back to the top-left of the screen the coordinates are just not right. apparently There is a small deviation.

When i move my cursor very fast, i can get it to the right side of the screen with an X coord lower than 750 while my resolution is 1024x768. :?

Can anyone explain this?? should i use DXInput to calculate the screen coordinates of the mouse or should i call GetCursorPos very game-loop?? I think it's neater to do it with DX, but it doesn't work good, right now.

Can someone give me a hint on this

Thnx very much.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Sorry, no clue on a solution.

But I did want to mention that I find the quote below your message too funny with this particulair problem. :lol:

oohh my GODD... the bugz have sabotaged my cursor :twisted:
    Now i cant kill them anymore.... :eh: :x

I just wonder whether this is the right way to update your cursor position. Should i do it like this.??

edit:

lol... 'coders rule nr2: if your cursor doesn't work... try a JOYSTICK '
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.